Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Easiest Homemade Pizza

Ryan and I were introduced to a great new meal idea at a friends house that we now use almost weekly in our household.   Homemade pizza is a quick, easy dinner that I think tastes so much better and healthier than fast food pizza. 

It starts with some Rhodes pizza dough or white bread rolls you can find in the freezer section of the grocery store.  If you buy the white bread rolls, you get 2 extra rolls for almost the same price.  We haven't noticed a difference in taste compared to Rhodes pizza dough rolls.

All we do it take a roll out of the freezer before we leave for work, place it in a pan and cover it with a towel to help keep the outer layer from getting crusty.   While we are at work the dough will thaw and rise and be perfect by the time we get home.
Ryan will roll the dough out with some flour to keep it from sticking.  Then place it on a pizza tray or stone. 
Yes, I will admit, at one time I was a PaPa Murphy's pizza maker and wore a cute visor.  The one thing I did learn from that job was how to twist the outer edge of the pizza, so that is always my job.  Then we put a layer of prego sauce down, mozzarella shredded cheese, and then whatever toppings we have in the house. 

Bake it at 400 degree for about 15-20 minutes.  It is delicious.  We make it all the time for guests and they love it.  The crust is my favorite part. 
Try it out and let me know what you think!

What's your favorite kind of pizza?
How do you make your homemade pizza?

Blog-working Wednesday!

7 comments:

  1. just found your blog on the wednesday blog hop!
    AND now i want pizza. and it's only 8AM.

    -shannon

    www.ginandbareit.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha who says you can't have pizza anytime of the day? Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. That is a fantastic idea! Thanks for sharing
    ;-)

    xoox,

    Heather P.
    http://spunkyrealdeal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by my blog heather! I entered for the giveaway on yours...love the necklace and earrings.

      Delete
  3. Thank you SO much for stopping by my blog girl and being one of my newest followers. This blog allows me to meet so many awesome women, can't wait to get to know you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the sweet message Kayla! Look forward to getting to know you as well, and supporting each other as our blogs grow :)

      Delete