Friday, December 28, 2012

All I Want for Christmas...

I am like a little kid after Christmas looking and admiring all my new gifts under the tree. It seemed to be a running themed Christmas, so I thought I would share with you some of my favorite things I got!

Saucony Ride 4-
Last years model of the Saucony Rides, but I had been running in another pair since last year and really like them.  So excited about a new pair of training shoes! 


Got these lightweight Saucony shoes for my long runs and races.  By having two pairs of shoes and only wearing these part time it will hopefully make them last longer since lightweight shoes tend to break down more quickly. 


Wanted something to hold my keys and phone even if I didn't take my hydration belt.  Can't wait to try out this belt and give you a review of how it worked!

Foam Roller-
I've been recovering from IT band pain since earlier this past summer.  I should have bought one of these a long time ago, but am excited that I have it now!  Its great for massaging the IT band, calves, and stretching out the back.


Do you have issues with your shorts riding up in the crotch while running?  I know I do and it drives me C.R.A.Z.Y!!!  So I did alot of research and heard alot of good things about the Oiselle brand.  The price is definitely a little steep for shorts, so that's why I took the plunge getting it as a gift for Christmas.  I will definitely let you know what I think and if they are worth the price! 



It's amazing how someone can be so excited about running apparel!  I fall in love with this jacket more every time I look at it.  Just the color makes me happy.  I wanted a lightweight windbreaking jacket...I love that this one has a hood, great pockets, and reflective stripes on the arms. 



From what I've noticed about these boots so far is that they are really comfortable!  I somehow lost my old boots a couple years ago and was in need of these with the Wisconsin blizzards deciding to show up this year.  Not only are they warm- but are too cute!


GENIUS!!!!  That's what these gorilla pods by Joby are.  Pure genius.   Are you like me and tend to drop everything?   My poor Canon point and shoot camera has been through more traumas in its lifetime....I give props to Canon for making something that can live through my abuse.   Whenever Ryan and I are traveling we like to try and get some pictures together.  Unlike some people, I am definitely not afraid to ask strangers to take our picture.  However, sometimes there is no one around to ask! This leaves us trying to find a flat rock.....which sometimes ends in the camera bouncing down the rocks as I stand by and watch it, praying it doesn't break.  This is going to solve both of those problems for us from now on.  You can use this fancy little tripod to set your camera up anywhere....no stranger needed!  Its so small that I won't even notice the extra item being packed into my backpack while hiking.

There are many other little great gifts that I got....but I have to tell you, I have not gotten out of my Snoozies since I opened them Christmas Eve.  I love anything that will keep me warm!  That's one of the reasons why I love Ryan...he keeps me warm when I snuggle with him. :) hehe.
I must have been awfully good this year, because I got awfully lucky with so many great gifts!  Can't believe my birthday is only a few weeks away now! 

What did you get for Christmas?

2 comments:

  1. cute purple pink shoes >.<

    new follower ^^
    found your blog from the blog hop ^^
    follow mine if you don't mind :) xx
    beautyfoodlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete