Saturday, November 3, 2012

Interview: Danae Herrmann Photography

 She is my sister and one of the most talented people I know.  Her abilities in art and photography amaze me.  She has style like no other.  She also created Danae Herrmann Photography and is doing an amazing job developing her business.  So read the interview below to learn more about her.  Also check out her website and book an engagement, senior, wedding, maternity, newborn, or family session today!  

Tell us a little about you?
Well let see... I love old films, reading, and spending my free time at coffee shops. I'd like to one day live in Colorado and pursue my photography career there. I buy most of my clothing from thrift shops. I love to keep things simple, because the most beautiful things in life are the simple things.

Where is your home?
Appleton, WI.

Are you willing to travel for your business?
Most definitely!

How did you start photography as your career? It started out as a hobby. I would take pictures of landscapes and nature when traveling out west. Then one day I was asked to take pictures for my sister and her boyfriend. I put the pictures on Facebook, everyone loved them and asked if I could take their picture as well. It kind of just took off from there! 

How would you describe your style?
Modern, Creative, Nature Inspired.
 
What type of cameras do you shoot with?
A Canon 5D Mark ii and a Canon T2i for a second camera.

What products do you offer your clients besides prints?
Canvas, Gallery Wraps, Image blocks, Photo albums, etc.

What is the most memorable assignment you had and why?
I really enjoy planned shoots that I do with friends. That way I can take the images that I plan in my head without having to worry about any rules. It allows my creativity to show. 
 
 
How many images do you average per wedding to present your clients?
800-1,000.

Where would your dream destination wedding be to shoot?
For somewhere in the U.S, I'd love to travel to Colorado to take pictures of a wedding since I'm already in love with the state. For out of the country, I'd really enjoy traveling to Thailand.

What is the most challenging thing about weddings?
Probably making sure I have time for pictures in between the ceremony and reception.  I really enjoy getting creative shots of the bride and groom and the wedding party.  This means that its important for the bride and groom to plan adequate time for me to get those shots and allow for travel time if necessary. 

Wedding photographer that inspires you?
Simply Bloom!! Her work is beautiful and makes me want to continue to work harder every day to become as talented as she is.

I've learned the most from....
An internship I had with another photographer. I think I learn the most from hands on activities with other photographers, rather than just sitting in a class and listening to a lecture. 
Something your saving up for?
I'm looking to update some of my lenses; I'm waiting to purchase a Canon 24-70 f/2.8 and a Canon 50mm f/1.2. I'm also thinking of purchasing the Canon 5D Mark iii and selling one of the camera's I already have.

Where would we find you on a friday night?
At a coffee shop drinking tea (:

Favorite film?
Pride and Prejudice is one of my favorites.

What five words would your friends use to describe you?
Gentle, Kind, Efficient, Sweet, and Honest.

What would you like to be doing 5 years from now?
I'd love to be a destination wedding photographer. I love traveling to new places and I love taking photos, so I feel like it'd a be a perfect fit for me.
Check out Danae Herrmann Photography today!

No comments:

Post a Comment