Friday, November 30, 2012

Fit & Photo Friday

Happy Friday!  Here's a couple pictures from my week. 
While driving through Riverside Park in Neenah I snapped this shot.  It amazes me the beauty in our own backyard sometimes!
Here's a little preview for our Christmas card this year.   During my families thanksgiving my sister set up a little photo shoot downstairs.  We had a lot of fun goofing around and came up with some fun shots.

Workout This Week:
Sunday: Indoor Soccer
Tuesday: 3 mile treadmill run 26:40
Wednesday: Turbo Fire 45 min
Thursday: 4 mile treadmill 35:46 (ran back and forth between an 8:45 and 9:13 min pace)

















Since we like to spend most of our summer outdoors, this was our first week getting back to the gym.  I always hate the feeling of being the newby at the gym after not going awhile, but I know it doesn't take long to get back into the swing of things. 

I had a couple nice easy runs this week.  I used to focus so much on my time and would get frustrated if I didn't match or beat my previous time.  But with the goal of a first marathon I realize I need to put that behind me and focus on running for the enjoyment I get out of it instead and keep moving to just to finish.

The past few years have been rough as far as running for me.  Two years ago I got sick right before a half I was signed up for which messed up my training.  Last year I got engaged and planned a wedding in 5 months while working and going to school full-time.  I showed up to the half marathon I had signed up for having not run at all in over 2 months with all that had been going on.  Obviously not a personal record run for me there!  Trying to get back into it this summer I developed IT band pain which hurt before even reaching 1 mile! 

I am finally on the road to recovery and have been running without pain now.  Needless to say I am ready and motivated to meet some new running goals and focus on staying injury free.  I'm planning on following the Hal Higdon Novice Training Guide with some little modifications along the way.  It seems like a great program for beginning runners starting with low mileage and working your way up. 

Are you like me and need a goal to stay motivated?  For some it may be a goal to get fit for a wedding, or to wear a bikini on a upcoming vacation.  Maybe you need a workout partner to help stay committed, or to start writing a blog!  Whatever it may be, find your goal and motivation to complete it- I know you can do it!

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment