Monday, November 12, 2012

Bathroom Cabinet Face Lift

Before the wedding Ryan and I spent days painting each room of the house.  Most of the trim we ended up painting a slightly off white color called Roman Column from Sherwin Williams.  For some reason at the time we skipped the bathroom cabinet, so it has been on my list to match it to the rest of the bathroom.

Here is the cabinet when I started.  I removed the drawers and door, also taking off the handles and hinges.

Then I started the first coat with a primer.
After about two coats of Roman Column it seemed to cover the wood grain fully.  Ryan was nice enough to spray paint the handles and hinges for me. 
Here is the finished product.  I am really happy with how it looks now with the rest of the cabinets and trim!
I admit I was getting a little tired of painting by the time I was done.  I'm just too impatient to wait in between coats and want to keep going till its finished!  We have two dressers in our bedroom that I've had paint for for months.  Work is a little slower for me this month, so that will be my next project on a day off.  Wish me luck!

1 comment: