Monday, November 5, 2012

Detox Results


Day 1:

  • 2 glasses of lemon water upon rising in the morning
  • I drank at least 8 glasses of water throughout the day
  • Lunch: Smoothie with orange juice, strawberries, mango, pineapple, banana, avacado, and flaxseed
  • Snack: Juice with apple, spinach, and lemon 
  • Dinner: Smoothie with orange juice, flaxseed, and mixed fruit, cooked brocolli
The first day was pretty easy until it got to dinner time.  Of course Ryan ate pizza and ice cream for dinner, so I ate a smoothie and brocolli to help cure my hunger so I didn't cave in. 










Day 2:

  • 2 glasses of lemon water
  • Drank 8 glasses of water throughout the day
  • Breakfast: Smoothie with flaxseed, mixed fruit, and orange juice
  • Snack: Had an apple, orange, and pear throughout the day as a snacks when hungry
  • Lunch: Juice with carrots, spinach, apple, and lemon
  • Dinner: cooked brocolli, baked chicken
Around dinner was the hardest part of the cleanse for me.  Some cleanses are a mix of proteins and fiber, so I decided to add in 1 serving of baked chicken (palm size) which really helped cure my hunger cravings and gave me more energy.
Day 3:
  • 2 glasses lemon water upon rising
  • 6 glasses of water throughout the day
  • Lunch: Smoothie of orange juice, fruit, and flaxseed
  • Snack: raw apple and pear
  • Dinner: baked chicken, sweet potatoe
Weight Loss: 4 lbs
Results:  I found that the cleanse did help calm my daily stomach digestion problems.  On the second day I really noticed my sinuses clearing out.  They say that your sense of smell can heighten, which is really true.  I don't think I would ever do a cleanse more that a few days.  I recommend doing a cleanse for anyone trying to figure out if you have food allergies, by slowly adding those foods back into your diet afterwards and seeing if side effects occur.  Also for me it was a good way of gaining control over sugar cravings.  You can become so dependant on sugar.  If you are motivated to do the cleanse, I think its a great way to gain control over those cravings and your appetite.

There are warnings and bad effects from cleanses, especially if done the wrong way.  Make sure you are not doing more harm than good by not giving your body the right nutrients for a long period of time.  Also going right from a cleanse to eating tons of sugar would probably not agree with your system very much.  There are cleanses like the The New Detox Diet that include proteins like fish, chicken, or beans and grains like quinoa or steel oats, along with large amounts of fruits and vegetables.  This seems like the healthiest cleanse because it is giving you all the nutrients your body needs, and helps give you guidelines to follow for a whole/nonprocessed, high fiber diet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment