Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Top Eleven

If you know me, you already know that I am always researching new adventures and places I want to go and see.  So I compiled a top eleven things that I dream of doing in my lifetime.  Now I may never get to all of them, but it's always fun to have something to strive for. What are some things you would like to do in your lifetime?  Any great adventures or goals?  Let me know and it may give me more ideas to add to my list! 


1.  TMB France

    1.  Hike Tour De Blanc, otherwise known as TMB, which circles the highest mountain in Western Europe.  This 100 mile trail around Mt. Blanc travels through France, Italy, and Switzerland and takes approximately 10 days. 

2. Hike the Inca Trail in Peru to see the Machu Picchu ruins and camp on Mt. Salkantay 
    
    2. Machu Picchu ruins
    
    2. Mt Salkantay
    
    3. St Lucia
    
3. Zip line and snorkel in St Lucia. 

4. Berg Lake Trail at Mount Robson Provincial Park in Alberta, Canada is a 25 mile roundtrip backpack in the Canadian Rockies.  Along the way you will see numerous beautiful waterfalls and can spend the night on the shore of impressive Berg Lake.  For more information, a great resource I have found is http://www.philarmitage.net/.
4. Berg Lake
    
5.  Stay at a Bed and Breakfast on the coast of  Maine. 
    

6.  Mt Whitney

6. Hike to the top of Mt. Whitney, the highest mountain in the lower 48 states with an elevation of 14, 505 feet.  Located in Sequoia National Park in California this hike can be done in one day being 22 miles long, however, is recommended to obtain a permit and do in two days. 

7.  Norway Kayak
7. Kayak in Norway.


8.  China Wall run

8. Run an adventure marathon in another country.  Some possibilities are the Big Five marathon through the South African jungle, the Great China Wall, or Petra Marathon through the Jordan.  Check out http://www.adventure-marathon.com/.

9. See Crater Lake in Oregon.  It seems like every time I think I am going to see it, a car breaks down and I never get there.  I will get there one of these days!
9.  Crater Lake

10. Walk where Jesus walked.  Go and swim in the Dead Sea bordering Jordan and Isreal. 


10.  Dead Sea






11. Go on a medical missions trip. 

3 comments:

  1. The Inca Trail is in my top 5. Why "11"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. idk...was just the number I ended up with after thinking about all the trips I really want to do :) Gotta be original...can't do the normal top 10 all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what are the other 4 of your top 5?

    ReplyDelete