Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Mishaps In Ireland: 4 Travel Tips Continued...

Tip #3: Use the cars emergency break. 
Mid-way through the trip we had another mishap.  It started with my needing to find a restroom after driving all day.  We stopped at a grocery store and there were none to be found.  Come to find out, the only bathrooms in Ireland are located in pubs.  When we got out of the grocery store our car was no were to be found.  We looked around the parking lot dumbfounded as to where it would have gone.  As I turned my head I noticed a vehicle crashed against another car in the parking lot.  I look over at J and said, “Hey, I think that is our car.”  “No, that can’t be ours,” he says.  I walked over and look inside to see our luggage.  Yep, it’s ours!  Just so happens the breaks weren't fully in park and it rolled down the hill and almost into the grocery store.  The collision was intercepted by instead running into an Audi!   A rich Irish man came out of the grocery store wearing an alligator skin belt.  “What did you do to my car!” he yelled.  Luckily, it did no damage to the rental vehicle.  There was a scratch on his vehicle, but I think he felt sorry for us because he never submitted any claim.  So thank you rich Irish man if you are out there!!!!!

Bed and Breakfast we stayed at
and our cute little car
Tip #4:  Keep track of your belongings.
I bought some really nice souvenirs the day before leaving and was planning on wearing my new Ireland sweatshirt home.  We had a long flight back and I am always cold, so I knew it would come in handy.   I ended up getting onto our flight leaving from Dublin to Germany, and left my new sweatshirt behind on the chair in the terminal.  Gone and never to be seen again, I spent a long 8 hour layover in the middle of the night sleeping on the benches in the Germany airport freezing to death.  Probably one of the most miserable nights ever!   Never again will I get on another flight without triple checking if I have everything with me!

Hope you enjoyed the top 4 tips I learned from my Ireland vacation.  Although we went through a lot along the way, it was an amazing trip I will never forget!



No comments:

Post a Comment