Thursday, April 7, 2011

Positivity

Life is hard.  No matter what financial or relational situation you are in, life at some point will have its hardships.  It’s inevitable.  If we had perfect lives and no trials, we would think there would be no need for a redeemer in our lives. 
It’s so easy when you are in the midst of those trials and tribulations to want to get out of them as quickly as possible.  Find the back door and exit.  Commit your focus to something else to help you forget. Anything else.  
I once heard that so many times we cheat ourselves from increasing our faith and trust in Christ because we never allow Him the opportunity in our lives to prove Himself faithful.  We are too quick to take matters into our own hands, each time decreasing our faith instead of increasing it.  It makes you wonder what great plans God may have had for your life if you hadn’t disrupted it because you were inpatient? 
However, take a more recent situation in your own or someone else’s life.  One that caused deep hurt.  A broken engagement, death of a loved one, divorce, ruined friendship….how could there be any good in those situations?  The hurt runs deep.  Wounds are fresh.  Feelings are real.  It certainly doesn’t feel like God is anywhere near you or the situation.  How could He possibly be working in it and your life? 
There have been times where I have questioned what God’s plan could be, and why He hadn’t stepped in to change things the way I thought they should go.   There seemed to be no light at the end of the tunnel.  Reflecting on what He may have wanted me to learn from the situation only turned into the debilitating and endless mind game of what I wish I would have done.  “If only I had…”  But its over and done with.  There is no going back.  There was a reason it turned out the way it did.  What I realize now is that I’m grateful I followed Gods best and didn’t end up compromising due to how I felt. I can easily see God’s handiwork in my life when looking back. 
I cling to that reasoning now.  I see how my thoughts and opinions on God’s guidance protected me in my past, and pray that His sovereign hand will continue to guide my future.  I may not understand it or truly ever see the reasoning behind things.   But I can trust that God knows and wants the very best for my life, and He has a plan for His children.  The very best plan.  I think that should be enough for me to rest in and keep positivity in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment