Friday, October 19, 2012

Stalker!


First off, my husband is AmAzInG!  Being the generous man that he is, he let me use some gift cards we had to purchase a running watch I've had my eyes on.  The newest and most affordable Garmin Forerunner 10.  This is a basic gps watch for those runners who are just wanting to know their pace, distance and calories.  I like its small size, and am excited to do some trail running with it!
 
















Second, for those of you who don't know, I am a stalker.......of blogs!!  I have been obsessed with blogs like the Skinny Runner and The Hungry Runner Girl.  I am so inspired by them and their dedication to fitness...the girl from hungry runner was running throughout her pregnancy!  Wow! Now I admit, I read these blogs and my first thought is, "what do they do for a living?"  I mean, it seems like running and the blog has to BE their job...how else could they stay in such great shape?!

 Since I love sports, exercise/fitness has always been such a big part of my life growing up that I never had to think twice about my weight throughout the years.  But man, you can sure tell that 30 is right around the corner!  Yikes!  It seems like the older I get the harder it is to stay motivated and to find the time.  Then I think, maybe its time to stop with the excuses about how busy life is and how I have no time and just suck it up.  I am a pretty determined person, (just ask my husband!) and I truly believe that whatever I put my mind too I can accomplish.  I am a normal everyday girl, with a job that has the same crazy hours like everyone else.  Will it take dedication...yes.  Will it take sacrifice....absolutely.   But if these bloggers can do it, why can't I?  Why can't I dedicate myself to being fit, and through the process inspire other people to do the same? 

My goal has always been to run a full marathon before I am 30.  I would also like to keep up this lifestyle so that when I do have children, I can hopefully keep doing it throughout my pregnancy.  I truly believe that if I am happy, confident, and healthy, I will be a better wife and mother someday because of it.  I think both physical and spiritual health are very important, and I want to strive to be both in this life.

 So thank you readers for joining me on this journey!

Do you not know that in a race all runners run, but only one receives the prize?  So run that you may obtain it.  Every athlete exercises self-control in all things.  They do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we are imperishable.  So I do not run aimlessly; I do not box as one beating air.  But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified. 
1 Corinthians 9:24-27

No comments:

Post a Comment