Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Celebrating Owen


This past weekend my girlfriends and I put on a baby shower for our good friend Dawn.  She is due in November with precious baby Owen Matthew, and we had a great time showering her with love.


This Owen banner was made with some material and burlap from Hobby Lobby.  Hot glued the triangles together and then onto some twine.  Used a permanent marker and stencils for the letters. 

We had some cute baby boy clothes hanging from twine as decor and made a diaper cake.
I made some Cookie Dough Stuffed Cupcakes combining 2 recipes I found on Pinterest.  If you are a lover of cookie dough like I am, you will love these cupcakes! 

Cookie Dough Stuffed Cupcakes

For the cupcakes I used Betty Crocker Extra Moist Yellow cake mix, and made as the directions on the box indicated.  Then rolled some Pillsbury chocolate chip cookie dough into 1 inch balls and placed in the middle of the batter in the cupcake tins.  Once cupcakes were cooled, and added the frosting.

Frosting:
3 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
3 1/2 cups powder sugar
1 cup flour
3/4 tsp salt
3 tbsp milk
2 1/2 tsp vanilla

First beat together the butter and brown sugar until creamy.  Mix in powder sugar until smooth.  Beat in flour and salt.  Mix in milk and vanilla until well blended.  

Then I placed the frosting into decorating bags and used an 1M Open Star tip. 

4 comments:

  1. It was a super-fun shower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best cupcakes I've ever had - hands down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AMAAAAAZING cupcakes!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh Rachelle it looks incredible, I so wish I could have been there, but I was there in spirit!

    ReplyDelete